Galle City Tour
Galle is a charming coastal city located in the southwestern part of Sri Lanka. It is renowned for its well-preserved colonial architecture, historic fort, beautiful beaches, and vibrant atmosphere. A Galle city tour offers an excellent opportunity to explore the city’s rich history, cultural heritage, and natural beauty. Here are some highlights and activities you can experience during a Galle city tour:
- Specilaized Bilingual Guide
- Private Transport
- Entrance Fees
- Box Lunch,Water,Dinner and Snacks
- Additional Services
- Galle Fort: The Galle Fort is the main attraction and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Built by the Portuguese in the 16th century and later expanded by the Dutch, the fort is a remarkable example of European colonial architecture blended with South Asian traditions. Stroll along its ramparts, explore the narrow streets lined with boutiques, cafes, and art galleries, and enjoy the views of the Indian Ocean.
- Dutch Reformed Church: Visit the Groote Kerk or Dutch Reformed Church, located inside the Galle Fort. This historic church, built during the Dutch period, showcases beautiful colonial-era architecture and is still in use today.
- Maritime Archaeological Museum: Learn about Sri Lanka's maritime history at the Maritime Archaeological Museum, located within the Galle Fort. The museum exhibits artifacts from shipwrecks and various aspects of maritime heritage.
- Galle Lighthouse: Take a glimpse of the iconic Galle Lighthouse, which stands tall near the entrance of the Galle Fort. The lighthouse offers fantastic views of the surrounding area.
- Galle National Museum: For those interested in history, a visit to the Galle National Museum is worthwhile. It houses a collection of artifacts, historical items, and cultural exhibits, providing insights into the region's past.
- Jungle Beach: Relax at Jungle Beach, a secluded and serene bay located a short distance from the Galle Fort. It's a perfect spot for swimming, snorkeling, or simply enjoying the sun and sand.
- Unawatuna Beach: Spend some time at Unawatuna Beach, one of the most popular beaches near Galle. It offers a lively beach vibe, various water activities, and a range of beachside restaurants and bars.
- Japanese Peace Pagoda: Take a short trip to the Japanese Peace Pagoda, situated on a hill overlooking Galle. The pagoda offers a peaceful environment and panoramic views of the city and the coastline.
- Handicraft Shopping: Galle is famous for its handicrafts and boutique shops. Explore the local markets and shops for souvenirs, handwoven textiles, jewelry, and unique crafts.
Customize your Galle city tour according to your preferences and interests. Whether you're interested in history, architecture, beaches, or shopping, Galle has something to offer for every traveler.